Monday, January 31, 2011

Tuxes

This weekend Matt and I went tux shopping.  Luckily, we are both on the same page of getting a lot of the details out of the way, so we decided we'd get tuxes taken care of early.  Our wedding photographer, Katie, had sent me a picture of charcoal tuxes at a wedding that she thought looked really good.  It sounded like a great idea to me, since the wedding will be outdoors in the middle of the summer.  Charcoal seems ever so slightly less heat absorbent than black.  Of course, when I suggested it to Matt, he was not a fan of the idea.  So I pulled a variety of photos for him to look at, surveyed a few outside opinions, and eventually convinced him to at least look at the charcoal tuxes in the store.  Deal.

When we got to our appointment, we had her set up both a charcoal tux and a black one.  Surprisingly, Matt was intrigued by the charcoal tux, but we tabled that decision and started with vest and ties.  We generally have very similar taste, so I wasn't expecting this to be very difficult, but we had quite the time settling on a tie.  We ended up choosing the one after circling through all the options repeatedly.  Now, back to the tux color.  I had already decided that I could live with either option, so it was up to Matt.  He decided to model both jackets with the vest and tie in the store (which was a great look with his white t-shirt and jeans)...and he ended up choosing charcoal!  I was excited, I think it will look great.  While we were there, I modeled the bridesmaid dress for him and I went a snuck a peak at my wedding gown on the rack.  All in all, a fun and successful outing, and one more thing checked off the list!

Yesterday we did registry number two.  I had been worried that with two already furnished houses, we wouldn't be able to find much to register for, but we are on a roll finding things...some of which we actually need and some of which we just really want! :)

And I keep neglecting to post that my friend from college, Carli, will be my personal attendant.  Her sense of humor and lightheartedness will be exactly what I need on the wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment