Monday, January 24, 2011

You may now be seated

As I've mentioned in a previous post, one of the wonderful disadvantages to getting married in a park is the lack of permanent seating.  Today I decided to follow up on the chair rental suggestion from the local morning show DJ who was nice enough to respond to my creepy stalker-like request for help.  I called the local hardware store, found out they do have chairs for the incredibly low price I had been told about...but they don't have enough.  Unless...I'm willing to do a mix of black and white chairs.

I'm sure you're probably all rolling your eyes at this huge chair related crisis, but really?  Mixed chair colors?

a) People are going to think this is a stylish, trendy choice (I am neither stylish nor trendy, I know this)
b) Black chairs could be way hot
c) This raises the options of checkerboard? Alternating rows? Brides side white, grooms side black? (Which would make me significantly more popular than Matt because people are going to opt for the white chairs...)

I started searching around and found a place that will deliver, set up, tear down, MATCHING chairs, but for significantly more money.  So I have to decide if it's worth the extra money.  Which brings up a good point, I failed to find out if my bargain mismatched chair price included set up.  Now I realize that I could probably find volunteers to set up and tear down chairs that day, and not that I don't trust all of you wonderful friends and family members to help me...but let's face it: I'm an event planner, I'm super anal.  So if my chairs aren't in perfect concentric semi circles spaced evenly apart, it's going to be an issue. 



So I ask you, loyal blog followers...what to do?

*A caveat: I'm not committing myself to taking your advice, but I appreciate the feedback.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on "perfect set up" however, even the guy from Ace could do a crappy job. The only way these chairs are going to look perfect is if you do it yourself :) Give me a heads-up before you head out in there in your wedding dress to line up chairs.. i want to be there with my camera :)

    ReplyDelete