Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bridezilla!

This morning I went to two bridal shows in West Des Moines.  I had gone to these shows last year with friends while I was maid of honor, so I was prepared for a day of chaos.  The bridal show basically consists of a room full of wedding vendors (aka cakes, florists, venues, photographers, dj's, etc.) all trying to sell you their services.  I went early in the morning to help Katie set up her booth so I was one of the first people in the room.  Thank goodness! 

I didn't need much since the wedding is 90% planned, but I was after four things:  videographer, florist, invitations and honeymoon.  The first wedding show didn't have much that I was interested in, but the second show had quite a few decent possibilities!  After about the first half hour of the show being open, I was ready to go, which was lucky because the place was PACKED.  Lots of completely overwhelmed girls walking around with their friends/family.  I saw a girl starting to cry, another girl hyperventilating, and lots of girls just looking totally clueless.  It made me really glad that we have things pretty much figured out already...otherwise I think I would have been just as stressed out as everyone else in the room!

Now to sort through the pile of handouts that people sent home with me...

And it has been brought to my attention that I didn't mention who we got our cake from.  Glorious Desserts, in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment