Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mmmm...

Today we had our cake consultation appointment (a.k.a. we got to eat a lot of delicious cake)!  Glorious Desserts makes BEAUTIFUL cakes, and they are also some of the most delicious flavored cakes around - win win!  Luckily before we got there, Matt and I had scoured her website and figured out what we did/didn't want, because when we got there they wanted us to instantly tell them how many tiers, what color, what shape, what design.  Yikes!  We flipped through some books, picked out our cake, and then got to do a tasting.  YUM!  They gave us a plate of nine of their most popular flavors to try.  For the number of people we have coming, we got to pick six different flavors.  I've already put my bridesmaid Kati in charge of saving me some cake at the wedding in case I get too distracted to ever have a piece (aside from the cake cutting.)  So get ready for a delicious cake experience!
 
And we got save the dates ordered!  Two more things checked off the list today!

Also, I would like to thank myself for picking a complicated wedding color to match things with.  The cake, save the dates, website, etc...it's quite the guessing game picking a shade that is close.  Of course I wouldn't pick something standard like blue.  It's got to be a very specific variation of coral...way to go, Erin.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I just want to let you know I find this blog hilarious, I have it saved as a bookmark and check it constantly! Carli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on making sure cake is saved for you! I didn't get to eat mine until brunch the next day :)

    And believe me, 'blue' is not that easy to match either!

    ReplyDelete