Friday, December 17, 2010

We heart logistics

Here's the funny thing about getting married in what is basically a glorified city park (albeit a GORGEOUS glorified city park). They pretty much give you the space and say "okay, there you go, have fun." I asked the rental lady if she had a list of suggested vendors for chairs, etc. Her response was "No." Okay then...this is where I'm glad I'm an event planner so I didn't panic.

So, chairs. After an extensive Google search of chair rentals in Des Moines, I decided to email a local morning show radio personality who recently planned a wedding at Simon Estes. Not only did she email me back right away, but she also gave me a GREAT suggestion for affordable chair rentals! Score! And I'm excited about my brush with fame...I'm pretty much a local celebrity after that encounter. I thought about asking if they'd like to feature my wedding on the morning show, but I restrained myself...for now, anyway.

Sound. They give you electricity, and that is all. Luckily I have two good friends who work in A/V, so I will be asking for their recommendations on how to tackle that one.
Logistics. As you can tell, the wedding is going to be a little complicated with pick up, delivery, sound check, etc. Enter the Logistics Coordinator. My friend Kristi has agreed to be the point person for the day of the ceremony to make sure all these little details come together. Woo hoo! In her words "I will be good at this because I'm not afraid to yell at people." Perfect.

The Logistics Coordinator. We are going to get her a UPS t-shirt for the wedding.


Decorations. In a convenient twist of fate, I had a work meeting with a florist/decorator yesterday, so while I was there I asked her about flowers and decorations for the wedding. She was awesome, the odds were good that she will be the florist.

And, because this was another high priority(...?) we got Matt's wedding band last night! Tomorrow is dress shopping day!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are blogging about this whole process...it's taking me back to my wedding planning days! :) :)

    You are so on top of things; it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Ashley's excitement. I feel like I'm not missing out on quite as much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do heart logisitcs! i should have majored in it. thanks!

    ReplyDelete