Friday, December 10, 2010

The proposal

Kati made the very good point that the proposal deserved its own post...especially with how hard I tried to ruin it! A couple of weeks ago, Matt had asked me if I would want to go to the ISU women's game on Sunday and I said yes. He told me he thought he could get tickets from a co-worker. Then Kati mentioned to me that she was trying to get people together to go to the game (which was strange to me but I didn't think twice about it) so we were going to try to sit together. I got an email from ISU saying that I could get free tickets, so I sold Matt's tickets to Kati and got us tickets right next to them.

So we got to the game and I gave Matt's tickets to Kati and he panicked because he wanted to sit on the aisle. I thought he was being dramatic, so I told him to get over it. Then I had mentioned that I wanted cinnamon roasted nuts during the game, so as we walked into Hilton, he really wanted me to get them right away. I wasn't hungry yet so I refused, and wondered why he was being so pushy about me eating. We got up to our seats and he noticed that Emily and Kati weren't next to us. Apparently I bought us seats on the wrong end of the row. Matt was very concerned about us needing to be next to them (which again, I thought was weird but didn't really think much about it). We moved to the other end of the row, and when the people showed up who had those tickets, they were very nice and sat in the seats at the other end that we had tickets for.

I was bound and determined that I was getting cinnamon roasted nuts at the 12 minute time out (which is when they do jumbotron announcements). Luckily, Emily (who didn't know this was happening because she would have given it away) happened to ask me where Lyndsey Medders, a former ISU basketball player, sits during games. I was trying to point her out to Emily, but she couldn't figure out where I was pointing, so I never got up to get the nuts because she was so confused. While I'm pointing across Hilton, I looked up and saw this:










I looked over and Matt was down on one knee with a ring. I was completely shocked! I knew the proposal was coming soon, but Matt had tricked me into thinking it was going to be the next weekend, I had absolutely no idea this was coming! I said yes and then was so shocked and stunned that I took the ring out of the box and put it on my own finger! This picture is a reenactment because I grabbed the ring so fast Kati wasn't able to get a photo:
Emily unknowingly saved the day, and still had no clue what was going on because she was still trying to find Lyndsey Medders across the arena! :)

Needless to say, we didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the game after that, but ISU did win! We took a picture of the scoreboard to prove that we actually were there and aware that a game was going on. (That's definitely the least attention I have ever payed at a basketball game!) After the game we called my dad, called Matt's parents, and went to Bravo for dinner to celebrate.









No comments:

Post a Comment