Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The first hiccup

Embassy Suites is out. Not the end of the world, assuming that somewhere else is available! So...now to perusing the options. Matt would like to hold it at a hotel since he has so many out of town guests coming. The first choice is the downtown Marriott, where my friend Crystal had her reception. If that's not available, we're looking at a variety of banquet halls, hotels and other venues both downtown and as a last resort, in West Des Moines. So far this is the first minor stress we've had...I'm hoping that the Embassy Suites being booked doesn't mean that everything is booked.

My dad is getting nervous about the outdoor wedding...he doesn't want to be hot. Matt doesn't want it to rain. I don't want either of those things either, but we will roll with whatever happens.

We went to try on wedding bands last night (another thing that's clearly an urgent priority...) and I need to make a decision. Here's the engagement ring:

So the question is, solid white gold band, or diamond band?

Bridal party update: Two of my friends from high school, Crystal and Shauna, are going to be my bridesmaids! I've been friends with both of them since I was in elementary school! And I'm asking my maid of honor tonight, stay tuned...

Crystal and I on the left, Shauna and I on the right.

2 comments: