Monday, December 6, 2010

It's a date!

Okay, I realize that no one really cares about every minute detail of planning my wedding, but I also realize how quickly the planning is going to go by. So I'm succumbing to the world of blogging, if for no other reason than to remember the whole process once it's all over and done.

Now that the shock of the proposal (good job Matt!) has worn off, let the planning begin! Ever since I went to my first Nadas concert at Simon Estes Amphitheater years ago, I've known that was where I wanted to get married. I've also always known that I wanted my good friend from high school Brian, who is now a minister, to perform the ceremony. Meanwhile, Matt and I have a good friend who is a wedding photographer, so naturally we want her to do the photos. Therefore the wedding was half planned LONG before we were engaged.


First step, setting a date. We wanted to get married Labor Day weekend...a nice compromise to Matt not wanting rainy season and me not wanting to be super hot. Plus it's a three day weekend so everyone has an extra travel day. Of course, Simon Estes isn't available Labor Day, that would be too easy. So onto the process of cross referencing their availability, Katie's openings, Brian's schedule...not so easy. We ended up with mid-August (during the State Fair), late August (hot and muggy), or 4th of July weekend. Another three day weekend! Works for Matt's family, works for my dad...July 2, 2011, done. And we're off to the next steps...whatever they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment