Thursday, June 30, 2011

How do people get married without Michaels?

Before we got engaged, I don't think I'd ever been to Michaels.  Now I'm there at least once a week.  Sometimes three times.  Sometimes, like last night, twice in 10 minutes.  Upon my second trip into the store, I realized exactly how much time I had spent in Michaels and I got a little sad.  Wedding planning is almost over!  Well, I guess the planning is over, let's how I have the thing planned by now!  But the prep work, the creativity...it's all coming to an end.  It made me sad, even though I'm also excited for the day to be here! (And let's be honest, also excited for it to be over.) :)

This week has given Matt a glimpse into what I do for a living.  As he's grumbling through prep work and projects, I reminded him last night that this is how I spend all day, every day, so he should have new found appreciation for me!

But back to my unendorsed plug for Michaels.  The place has everything!  Even things you didn't know you need!  It's actually kind of a train wreck...new ideas are born within the aisles of the store.  Now that I think about it, brides are probably happier never having stepped foot in Michaels.  But they don't know what they are missing, it's amazing.

And thus ends my delusional rant.  Clearly I'm sleep deprived...

No comments:

Post a Comment