Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The personal attendant (and other things)

Big accomplishments lately!  First of all, after a lot of debating, the honeymoon is booked!  We finally decided on Couples resorts because they include several excursions, whereas Sandals does not.  So we will be spending 6 lovely days in Ochos Rios in July!  After finally committing to booking the trip, we immediately got notice that the credit card had been denied due to a fraud protection.  Eek!  Luckily Matt was able to get in touch with the credit card company and all is well.  Jamaica, here we come!  We have several things in mind for the trip including a waterfall excursion, catamaran cruise, horseback riding, snorkeling, and more.  As I'm typing the list it's occurring to me that 6 days might not be long enough!

Our other big accomplishment is that we finally finished registering this weekend.  This was turning into quite the struggle for me because I realized I needed to come up with some sort of color scheme for the house (Matt put me in charge of that project) and I couldn't just pick out everything in the colors that we liked (which 90% of the time involves either blue or brown.)  That concept was so overwhelming for me that I avoided it for as long as possible, but finally we were able to commit to the items we liked, and we have a basic idea of what the house will look like.  Until we change our minds.

Also, I got to meet Carli, my personal attendant, for dinner last weekend.  From here on out Carli will be known as Personal Attendant/Flowers, Accessories, and Footwear Consultant.  As we were eating it occurred to me that Carli is an expert at every aspect of the wedding for which I have no vision whatsoever.  So we have mutually decided that she is taking over the wedding from here on out so that I don't have to make anymore decisions.  She also was asking for a list of duties for the day of the ceremony.  I told her that her primary job will be to keep me from killing anyone (if you've spent much time with me, you'll know that I have little to no tolerance for people).  So I'm adding an additional title to Carli's job description: bodyguard.  On the day of the wedding, Carli will have my cell phone, and unless your name is Matt Heeren or John McKeown, you will have to go through Carli to get to me.  I'm guessing this will be HUGE stress relief!  Thanks in advance, Carli!

So, blog followers, help me come up with the duties that I need to pass on to others the day of.  What did your personal attendant do for you?

2 comments:

  1. My cousin Kara was my personal attendant. She was very helpful with all the things I forgot to do that day and had my survival kit.
    She got me food, helped me with the bathroom stuff, fixed a chipped nail, etc. Basically, she was another person that I wanted to experience the day with. And b/c Carli comes with an important title ... you can push her around for the day. And lets be honest, Carli will understand and be very helpful and resourceful!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ill give out all sorts of bad advice/wrong directions to your guests!

    ReplyDelete