Monday, February 21, 2011

The Honeymoon Debate

Since we got engaged, Matt and I have been constantly answering the question "where are you going for your honeymoon?" with a shrug.  We know this: beach, warm, sunny, lots of activities.  I hate laying on the beach (if I am anywhere near water, I need to be in it) and Matt goes crazy with nothing to do.  After gathering and sorting through an overwhelming pile of materials, we have decided on Jamaica.  Done.  So yesterday we decided to sit down and book the trip.  Easy, right?

...Wrong.  You would think booking an all inclusive, adults only resort would be a piece of cake.  Little did we know that every brochure we looked at would seem like the perfect place to go, and that there would be 75,000 different resort options!  I'm pretty sure we need to take about 7 honeymoons because I want to go to every single place!

I would like to go right now, please!


We are now in the debate of Sandals vs. Couples.  Both similar...both with multiple locations, both with lots to do.  It seems that Sandals has slightly nicer rooms, but Couples has more included in the way of excursions.  How are we ever going to make this decision?

The other debate is how long to be gone.  I've heard from several of my recently married friends that they got tired of sitting on the beach after about 5 days.  We are thinking about Tuesday - Monday.

Reader feedback time!  Where did you go on your honeymoon?  How long is too long?  Sandals vs. Couples?

No comments:

Post a Comment