Monday, April 4, 2011

Control

Hi, my name is Erin, and I'm a control freak.

This is not new information to me...nor is it news to anyone who has spent a significant amount of time with me, but it has become abundantly clear throughout the past several weeks. In planning a wedding, there are many decisions to be made, many tasks to be done, and many people who have offered to assist. However, the event planner in me has a great deal of trouble relinquishing control of, well, anything.

Other than handing a few things off to Matt (because I suppose it is his wedding too!) I have for the most part preferred to do things for myself for two reasons. One, it's generally more difficult to explain to someone what you want than it is to just do it yourself. Two, when you hand something off, you lose the comfort of knowing that it will turn out exactly how you want it. (Yes, I know, I'm ridiculous.)

I made this realization after discovering how weird it was to have other people planning a bachelorette party and a shower for me. While everyone is doing a fabulous job, and I have no desire to throw either event for myself, it's strange for me to let someone else plan something.

So for those of you who have graciously offered to help me and I have yet to take you up on it...and there are many of you...don't worry, it's not you, it's me. I have issues. Although I do have the occasional need for immediate advice or reassurance, (thank goodness for gchat!) I'm in good shape. On the plus side, if the wedding falls apart I will have only myself to blame. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment